LUKMEF Professional Internship Program
Why professional Internship?
In today’s professional world, it takes more than a degree or a diploma and a winning smile to convince employers to hire you. Internships are gateways to show your commitment to professionalism, self-improvement, and excellence. They are one of the most important factors in making oneself appealing professionally as they enhance job experience, research experience, mentorship, gives access to a variety of task, shape career goals, create professional network and secure good references and recommendations.
The vision of the Professional Internship Program is that graduates from Higher institutions and Universities in Cameroon gain employment within 12 months of graduation based on acquired professional skills through professional internship placements.
To provide graduates the opportunity to gain employable skills in their domain of interest in the areas of humanitarian and Development programs
Objectives of the program
- To provide a yearly professional internship placements for 180 graduates in all LUKMEF operational offices in Cameroon for six months hands on professional knowledge and skills acquisition
- To supports student learning and experiences in development and professional environments outside the academic environment
- Increased collaboration between higher institutions and the organisation through capacity and awareness raising about the program and its relevance to students post education life and career development.
- To develop practical competencies such as communication, technical proficiency and contextual professional behaviour.
- To provide interns the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in related development and humanitarian fields
- Increase interns’ likelihood of securing future employment and other professional opportunities towards reducing unemployment and fostering livelihoods and community development.
- To fulfil the organization’s humanity, civic and professional responsibility. It is an opportunity to give back and enhance the local work force while helping student’s get started.