- Solicitation Number: LUKMEF_00002_01_2023
- Issuance date: 23rd January, 2023
- Closing date/time for receipt of application: 27th of January, 2023
- Point of contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position title/Number needed: Mobile Clinic Nurse (01)
- Period of Performance: The period of performance is Eight (08) months.
- Place of Performance: Buea (SW Region of Cameroon).
- Statement of Duty
a. General statement of purpose of the position (Job summary)
Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Foundation (LUKMEF) is an international NGO registered in Cameroon in 1999. Its main focus is on; peace building, social justice, human rights, sustainable development for every individual and communities. With the rise of the armed conflict in the North West and South West Regions of Cameroon, the Boko Haram Insurgency in the North and the Refugee situation in the East, the organization has equally embraced the humanitarian focus. 80% of her services are directed towards women, children and youth. While our programs target primarily women and youths, and persons with disabilities, we do understand that using a community-based approach that addresses the larger needs of whole communities will greatly impact positively on the lives of our primary beneficiaries in a sustainable way.
b. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The LUKMEF Mobile Clinic Nurse within the context of the SWISS PROJECT will be required under the guidance and supervision of the Medical Doctor and Project Coordinator be responsible for providing quality health care services to patients as per LUKMEF health protocols and international benchmarks as well as provide holistic care to patients under the most challenging conditions and submit results in a timely fashion to the Medical Doctor and Project Coordinator.
- Serves as the LUKMEF Mobile Clinic Nurse
- Provide daily curative services for general diseases during Mobile clinic sessions within Communities for the cases presented within the communities
- Assesses needs of the clients visiting the Mobile clinic and provides care/advice accordingly.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts or records.
- Assess and plan nursing care requirements by monitoring and administering medication
- Administer and dispense drugs as prescribed by the Medical Doctor and ensure the patient is clear on how to take the medication (correct dosage/frequency and duration)
- Support the needs of systems and databases as required to ensure proper care of patients
- Assist Medical Doctor (Team Leader) to manage clinic database including data compilation, entry and reporting
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional and psychological support to patients and patients’ relatives.
- Performs clinical assessment of patients visiting the walk-in clinic; provides care/advice accordingly or facilitates referral to the LUKMEF Medical Doctor or to an outside physician, as indicated.
- Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times
- Liaise with Laboratory Technician and other providers as needed to ensure quality care
- Coordinate with Medical doctor, and team members to provide competency based capacity building training for community volunteers (CHWs)
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Strictly follow universal precaution, infection control principles and sterilization of surgical instruments.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and adequate respect for patients and their families
- Provide timely weekly and monthly reports to Project Coordinator
- Be adaptable and flexible to take new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time.
- Ensure confidentiality in information and management of specimens during field and post field activities
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to LUKMEF and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Support in the operations of the department and provide mentorship to staff within the Health department
- Support in the operations of the department and provide mentorship to staff within the department
- The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- Respect and adhere to the LUKMEF code of conduct
- Follow and promote the LUKMEF Vision, Mission and values in action and words
- Have personal integrity and promote zero tolerance to corruption in all forms
c. Supervision received: Medical Doctor, Project Coordinator
II. MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Education qualification
Valid licensed nurse with B.Sc. or diploma of nursing.
2. Prior work experience/Skills needed
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in primary health care setting
- Favorable to person with experience on medical response to disaster area, surveillance, control of communicable diseases in disaster area and emergency need assessment during disaster/ conflicts
- Experience working with communities and vulnerable groups;
- Experience in humanitarian context is an added advantage.
3. Desired Experiences
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of conflicted affected populations
- Adaptable, flexible and mature in judgment
- Good assessment, analytical, planning and reporting skills
- Have ability and motivation to travel and work long continuous days in remote IDP/remote villages
- A high degree of cultural sensitivity and ability to adjust to change;
- Good practice on MS package
- Skilled in community mobilization, facilitation, and health education
- Understanding of medical ethic, patient education, and humanitarian principles
4. Communication/Language Proficiency
- Good English language skill (both oral and written
III. EVALUATION AND SELECTION FACTORS
- Prior work experience (30% grading)
- Job knowledge (40% grading)
- Skills and abilities (30%grading)
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
- Title of Application: LUKMEF MOBILE CLINIC NURSE (SW)
- Address of application: Your cover letter should be addressed to the following:
The Human Resource Coordinator,
P.O. Box 1348, Buea, SWP, Cameroon
- Attachments to your application (The following should be combined in a single PDF not more than 5MB)
- Cover letter: All application files should include a cover letter (PDF)
- Resume (CV) with 03 References: All application files should include a Curriculum Vitae (PDF). Applicants must attach at least three professional references to CV (with either Emails, or Telephone numbers).
- Relevant educational certificates: Application files should include all relevant certificates (educational certificates and work attestations) (PDF)
- National Identify card: A photocopy of applicant’s National Identity Card (PDF)
- Sample Payslip of last Job (PDF)
Closing Date and time for application: 27th January, 2023 at 5pm.
- Reception/submission email: email@example.com
- NB: Only completed applications submitted to the right person with the caption “LUKMEF MOBILE CLINIC NURSE (SW)” and the submission email (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be considered.
- Only SHORTLISTED Candidates will be notified.
- Following the instructions on How to apply will always increase your chances of getting your application looked at.
- If you’re applying by email, make sure you mention the job title “LUKMEF Mobile Clinic Nurse (SW)” in the “Subject” field of your message
- Only completed applications submitted to the right person (Send to: email@example.com with the caption “LUKMEF Mobile Clinic Nurse (SW)” will be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, LUKMEF has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.